With the development of the times, the progress of science and technology, automated equipment has become the backbone of the world's manufacturing industry. As an important electrical component in automation equipment, the conductive slip ring has also developed by leaps and bounds with the advancement of science and technology, and the traditional conductive slip ring has also Known as the collector ring, traditional carbon brushes and copper rings are used as contact materials, and the rotating copper ring is rubbed against the carbon brush to ensure the rotational transmission of the equipment. Because the contact material of this traditional collector ring is a common carbon brush, the medium it transmits is limited to common current and simple control signals. However, with the advancement of science and technology, automation equipment has entered electrification and networking. Modern automatic equipment is often controlled through the network, and the electrical structure is used to complete the automatic operation of the equipment. This requires that the matching conductive slip ring can transmit more There are many special media, in order to adapt to new equipment, there is a modern brush conductive slip ring. Today, the editor of Jiachi conductive slip ring will tell you about the advantages and disadvantages of brush conductive slip ring.
First of all, let's talk about the advantages of brush slip rings. The editor summarizes the following advantages
1. High protection. The brush slip ring generally adopts a closed structure, and the protection performance of the conductive slip ring can reach IP68, and it can run completely in water. This is a point that is difficult for traditional conductive slip rings to achieve. If the traditional conductive slip rings want to operate underwater, the R & D manufacturers of the equipment need to find a way to solve a protective measure for the conductive slip rings.
2. Strong security. Many of the traditional carbon brush slip rings are directly installed on the outside of the equipment, which can easily cause safety accidents. The brush slip ring adopts a closed structure, and the slip ring can be directly installed in any part of the equipment. There is no need to consider the safety hazards caused by leakage of conductive slip rings.
3. Long service life. The modern brush slip ring can use precious metal as the contact material, which has super wear resistance. the service life of the ring.
4. Strong transmission capacity. The latest type of brush slip ring can be selected according to the medium it needs to transmit. Different materials inside the brush slip ring can make the conductive slip ring transmit different media. The modern conductive slip ring can not only transmit current, but also transmit A series of special signals such as network signal, optical fiber signal, high-definition video signal, USB signal, etc. At the same time, the conductive slip rings of modern slip rings also mix various media for simultaneous transmission, forming a series of special slip rings such as gas-electric slip rings, photoelectric slip rings, and electro-hydraulic slip rings.
The above four points are the biggest advantages of the brush slip ring in my opinion, such as easy installation, simple maintenance and other small advantages, I will not list them one by one. As the saying goes, no one is perfect. Next, I will tell you about the shortcomings of brush slip rings.
1. Expensive. Compared with the price of the traditional collector rings, the modern brush slip rings give many customers the first impression that they are expensive. Many customers don't understand that such a small thing is hundreds of thousands of yuan each. In fact, it is not to blame the manufacturer for being too black, but the material and labor costs of the brush slip ring are too high. The brush slip ring uses precious metal as the contact material. The most used precious metal is mainly silver-copper alloy, and the surface also needs to be plated with silver, and the brush slip ring is customized according to the installation conditions of the customer, so the material and manual decision its high cost.
2. Cannot withstand excessive current. The brush slip ring uses brush as the basic material inside the conductive slip ring. The nature of the brush determines that it cannot withstand excessive current. As far as the current technology on the market is concerned, it is the maximum current that the brush slip ring can pass in a single circuit. Probably within 1000A, which may also be a small disadvantage of the brush slip ring.
In fact, compared with the traditional collector ring, the brush slip ring can be said to have no disadvantages. This is the main reason why the traditional carbon brush slip ring on the market is gradually withdrawing from the market. Although the brush slip ring is relatively expensive, its various advantages prove that For its value, it can only be said that the brush slip ring is worth the money.
This article comes from: http://jiachijidian.cn7.iswweb.cn/ JARCH conductive slip ring Please indicate the source